In accordance with CDC recommendations, Stonehenge Vision Source is reducing our services until further notice. We want to assure you that we are here for you as your eye care providers. If you have a pressing need to be seen by one of our doctors, we will do everything that we can to see you. If you are able to reschedule your routine appointment, we ask that you do so. Our team is available to discuss, by telephone, your situation and together we can determine whether you should be seen now or if it is OK to postpone your appointment. As always, you are encouraged to reach out to us with any questions. You can call or text us.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, or if you have any questions regarding whether you should be seen immediately, please contact us as soon as possible and we will help triage your symptoms and recommend a course of action.
- Vision Loss
- Pain, Redness or Sensitivity to Light
- Flashes of Light/Floaters or Dark Spot in your Vision
- Double Vision
- Sudden Drooping of Eyelid
- Lost or Broken Eyewear/Out of Contact Lenses
We also want to reassure you of the precautions we are taking for the health and safety of our patients, doctors, staff, and community.
- Prior to scheduling ANY appointments, all calls will be screened for established risk factors of COVID-19.
- We are asking that you do not bring guests or family members with you to our office. Please have them wait in the car.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sanitize your hands at the door.
- We continue to sterilize, sanitize and disinfect all touchpoints in our office throughout the day and all equipment, patient areas, and frames after every use and between all patients.
- We are shipping all contact lens orders directly to you at no additional cost for shipping to limit the number of patients in our office.
- If you are 60+ years of age or high risk and need to pick up your glasses, call us and we will ship them to you. You can bring them back into the office for adjustment after the threat is over.
- Where possible doors are propped open to limit the use of handles.
- Hand sanitizer and Pure & Clean are available at multiple locations throughout the office.
- Our staff will only be present if they and their households are healthy and symptom-free.
We are continuing to monitor the CDC and the NC State Department of Health for updates and, as things evolve, we will adjust our protocols. You can learn more here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
This is a team effort and you are a part of our team! Let’s all do our part. If you or anyone in your household has any respiratory symptoms, a fever, a cough or has had them within the past 14 days please do not come into our office. Give us a call and we will get you rescheduled. We understand that this is constantly changing and we will do our best to stay ahead of the curve to keep our team, our patients and our community safe.