Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect match at Stonehenge Vision Source.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Stonehenge Vision Source can help you find your match.
Our optical studio features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Transition lenses – These light intelligent lenses are made of dynamic materials that automatically adjust to the level of surrounding light. Transitions Lenses fit every lifestyle and every age. Not only do they adjust from fully clear indoors to the perfect tint outdoors, but they also block dangerous UV rays and filter Harmful Blue Light, which can be found indoors and outdoors.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating can be applied to regular eyeglasses unless the lens is made with polycarbonate. UV coated lenses look like any other lens – the coating is transparent.
- Tinted sunglass lenses – If you are getting prescription sunglasses, you might want to get tinted eyeglasses instead. These look like sunglasses and protect the health of your eyes by keeping out UV rays, but technically they aren’t true sunglasses.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A transparent coating that helps protect glass lenses from those annoying scratches. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- Polycarbonate Lenses – This lens material reduces lens thickness, making these lenses more comfortable and better looking by minimizing the size of the edge of the lens for nearsighted wearers and reducing the magnified “bug eye” appearance associated with farsighted wearers. They are lighter, stronger and more durable.
- Anti-glare lenses – Our office recommends the best anti-glare technology that reduces reflections from all directions. The result is superior protection against distracting glare, better aesthetics, enhanced UV protection, safer nighttime driving and easier to clean lenses.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Stonehenge Vision Source offers comprehensive eye exams at our Raleigh office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Stonehenge Vision Source now.